Thursday 3 September 2009

First Thoughts - Chris

Third in with his first thoughts is Stewie...

The trip was a phenomenal success! We saw, touched and felt Africa in a country which has not only seen such sadness and pain, but one of great joy, happiness and humility!

I was astounded by how different the country looked compared to how I saw it in my research of the Genocide. I am thrilled that Rwanda is doing so well after it's tragic past... it seemed like an entirely different country sometim
es and I am honoured to consider myself one of the many people to have visited there!

I would love to go back to Rwanda! I enjoyed meeting the people, trying the local cuisine and seeing the sites. It really hit me hard sometimes but I kept going and I am glad to have done it! It was AWESOME!


My highlight was definately working in Hope Village! I loved working with all the Orphans, they were so genuine and kind despite their awful pasts.
If I could, I would go back for another 2 weeks tomorrow!

and his photo:

0 comments:

Post a Comment