Monday 7 September 2009

First Thoughts - Amy

And here are Amy's first thoughts...

I was given the chance to spend two weeks surrounded by some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Whilst at points a swarm of children around you can seem scary and daunting, you stand there, and see how happy they are, and you just get carried away in their smiles and games. This is similar with the thirteen people that I was able to share this experience with, it can seem scary and daunting spending two weeks with the same thirteen people, but again the people that are surrounding you are so amazing, you just get carried away, so that you laugh and cry together. 

My favourite part of the trip had to be the days that we helped to build all day at Hope Village, there really was a sense of teamwork and camaradary that day, despite the language barrier and being covered under a layer of brick dust.

So all in all, I feel that the trip was a success and even though, "Toyota" and "THE GAME!!" can become annoying, without it, life
is a weird and quieter place. Come to mention it, life if also a lot less orange and deety-suncreamish.

I live in the stone age and so haven't seen most of the photos yet, and also haven't yet gotten mine developed; at the shop, when it comes to you in a lovely little envelope all glossy and special, and so don't as yet have a favourite photograph. I do however encourage look at th
e photographs that are about as I know that there are some amazing ones.


0 comments:

Post a Comment